Friday, December 4, 2009

I heart you, solely.

In some alternate universe, Chie Mihara and I are best friends and she sends me a pair of her shoes every month to remind me that she loves me. Unfortunately, I don't live in that universe... In the one I currently reside in, I have to buy my own Chie's.

I watched an adorable video of Chie Mihara talking about her shoes, her design philosophy, and I think she's the cutest person ever.

"It's really a man's industry so I like to take a lot of good things about men's shoes and put them in the women's shoes cos I think we deserve it" - Chie Mihara.




Honestly, CM is like a super creative podiatrist. The anatomic foot bed she talks about in her video is amazing. It's like... your feet is cushioned by a cloud. I've hiked up and down small hills, walked around for hours in 4 inch CMs and everything is fine. My feet don't hurt and I don't feel like I have to kill anyone. Sometimes, after a long day of heels that hurt me, I am the grumpiest person you'll ever meet.



High Snobette has a preview of the CM S/S 2010 collection up - it has only made my obsession worse. I also saw a preview of the collection on the Bromley Group NYC's Youtube channel. CM is bringing in some new elements: a men's line (for the uber metro-sexual man - just my opinion) and a bridal collection. The girl in the spring/summer preview video is talking about shoes in this monotoned way that makes me want to kill myself. Seriously. Let me do it. I can do a much better job.



No comments:

Post a Comment